Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's My Time

Mean words that people speak into our lives often help us to rise above them. They make us stronger and better and encourage us to succeed.

I have a cousin who had a bit of a mean streak when we were growing up. We bought a TV because she used to tease me for not having one at our house. "When will we have our own TV mama?" I would ask my mom after every  taunting session with my cousin. I asked the same after a torrent of comments about not having a home. My mom later told me that her unkind words are what compelled her to buy our first TV and later our house....

Growing up, this question never died down, I just learned to keep it to myself and not to burden others with it. When will it be my turn? Now as I watch things I've wanted for so long come to me as naturally as breathing,  I feel like standing on a rooftop and shouting "This is my time! It's finally here!"  It's a dumbstruck feeling to realise that your cries in the middle of the night were heard and answered just when I thought I was unworthy.....

Malibongwe igama lakho....

No comments:

Post a Comment