Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Donne!

I found this treasure today. My friend took John Donne's The Good -Morrow and turned it into beautiful modern words. Listen...

I wonder my love, what you and I did till we fell in love? Were we children? Did we play childishly? Or did we party up a storm? It was like this, but these were all temporary pleasures. If I ever saw any beauty, which I desired, and got, was a dream of you.

And now good day to our waking souls, which aren't afraid of love, because love, love turned every little room into an everywhere. Let sea explorers go to new worlds, let maps showing other worlds, show them, but let us possess one world, our own, where I am half of it and you, another

My face in your eye appears and yours in mine as well, and true plain hearts rest in each other's faces. Where can we find two better hemispheres that are better suited? Whatever differences we have, if we have the same love or even if we love so alike that if not one of us slacken in love, not one of our loves can die.

*enough said*

No comments:

Post a Comment