Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm a woman

I was on the phone with my brother a few months ago and he asked me where I was. When I told him that I was home he asked if I was at my home or ours. That's when it hit me. I have my own home. I am a grown up. I'm not a girl, but unlike Britney, I am a woman.

"I'm a girl!" I said to a close friend. "You're not,  though," he said in response, "You're a woman. Has it ever occured to you that you calling yourself a girl has hindered you from getting some of the things you you want?" It never had occured to me actually. I see myself as a girl and not a woman and so that is the personna I embody and therefore my perceptions and thoughts are that of a girl....

"Start calling yourself a woman," he suggested,  "and see how the way you see the world will change and how the embodiment of yourself will change too." So unlike Alicia, there is no longer a girl here. It is , from now on, this WOMAN that is on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment