Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Life To The Full

In my English classes these days we talk about the concept of sugarcoating. We have concluded that it means to make things appear better than what they actually are. It is like painting varnish paint over chipped nailpolish.

So I suppose it's only natural that this is on my mind in the wee hours of this morning. What is the truth? I wonder why I am still on this. It could be denial, because if I accept that things are really as they seem, then I am left with nothing but myself. But myself is not nothing. I have the heart of a lion. I have faced some excruciating pain and still stand to tell the tale. I have healed somewhat, although it comes pouring back sometimes and I feel like I am back at the very beginning.

The truth is that my heart is receptive. I am not the same as I used to be. I am changed - for the better. I am stronger and braver and more beautiful. I know all of the truth and it no longer feels like I am being gutted. The truth is I should be proud of how far I have come and I look forward to what lays ahead, because I am wiser now.

The truth is that things are exactly as they seem amd exactly as they should be and that is ok. There is no sugarcoating. It's not just all the good and whimsical but the bad and the ugly as well. This is Life to the full that shapes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment