Sunday, June 23, 2013

Being Content

A few months ago I looked over my life and decided that it was well. I had a car, my job didn't suck so much  and there were no secrets or lies. Not to mention Uncle Wandile - That was coming together nicely. It felt like things were falling into place. And then they just shifted....

I was in a car accidant on my birthday, a cherry on top of an already disappointing day. This birthday was the first that I didn't take seriously, that I didn't really look forward to. And since then, things have in a way spiralled.

1Timothy 6 speaks of being content and not being concerned about material riches. After the accident, my body kinda went out of control too. I didn't understand what was happening so in turn I curled into a ball waiting for everything to go back to how it was. But see I have a hand in how my world goes back to normal. I don't get my car back by staying in bed  all week. Plus 1 Timothy says to be content always. Now staying in bed is not done by people who are satisfied with their circumstances. Staying in bed is for those who are sulking. Those who throw their toys out the cot hoping God will fix everything so that they can be happy again.

It's really hard but Im gonna work at it.  Being content means rolling with the punches, adjusting to the change in circumstances. Living despite all the crap. This won't get me down. I will rise above this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment