Thursday, September 2, 2010

Into the Ocean

" I wanna swim away but don't know how
Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
Let the waves take me down
Let the hurricane set in motion yeah
Let the rain of what I feel right now come down
Let the rain come down." - Blue October

Men in Black 2. The pretty girl has just discovered that she is the light of Zatha and she is in denial. "Everbody gets sad when it rains", she protests. " But it rains because you're sad, baby", Agent K says.

Sometimes I wish I was the light of Zatha too. I wish it would pour with rain whenever I'm sad or a raging tornado would sweep by when I'm angry. Whenever a storm comes, the sky turns grey and lightning and thunder soon follow; then the rain pours. After a little while, everything calms and sometimes the sun comes out and besides the obvious wetness,it is as though it never rained; there's was no lightning or rain and  there is a sense of release in the atmosphere. I wish sadness and all those bad emotions worked the same and for the same amount of time. Like the weather, you experience the full force of the emotion,but it is soon over and replaced by sunshine; relief and peace.

Alas, that is not how it works. Unfortunately I am not the light of Zatha or any superheroine whose emotional state is reflected in the weather (darn it!) so I guess I have to find another way to get that relief from all this sadness. Thank goodness I have Jesus who knows the anguish of my soul (Ps 30:7b) and who is eager to come to my rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment