Saturday, August 3, 2013

Nervous

"Hi, I'm looking for the Jimmy Nevis album."
"Jimmy Nervous? Yes lemme check the system?"

That was my music store experience when I went to make my purchase. I can't judge her though. I too have only just recently jumped onto the local music bandwagon, this being the third local album I've bought in the past year.

As usual, I bought the album for one song only, "Hotboxing", but of course a number of songs snuck their way past it. Jimmy Nevis' debut offering called Sublime is relatively good. If you're a fan of Jason Mraz, One Republic and Bruno Mars, this album is a combination of these artist so you no longer need to import your music.

There are, however certain elements that are uniquely Nevis in his album. I like the way he uses vocals alone in certain parts of a song, Like "Red balloon". Nevis certainly doesn't fully rely on his talent on the piano alone, but explores many of the avenues music has to offer.

All in all, I quite like this Capetonian boy. He can stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment