Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Liar Liar

I have come to learn that one of my most outstanding or distinct character traits is my inability to keep quiet. My friend describes it as being unable to hide my heart. Whether happy or sad, I can't keep my feelings to myself. If I don't voice them, they fester in me and I become bitter. That is why I find it difficult to relate to people who lie.

Last night, a few of my friends took me out for dinner and drinks for my birthday. While chatting to someone I had recently had an 'encounter' with, I discoverd yet another lie that he had told me and I remember thinking to myself, " Myself, what was this guy hoping to acommplish by lying to you?" I really don't understand it. The way I see it, there is so much clarity when it comes to telling the the truth. I don't believe that being evasive with someone hurts them less than telling them the truth. Granted the truth may not always be what you want to hear, but at the end of the day, you know exactly where you stand with someone once the truth has been told.

I really like the idea of being transparent. I like it when people around me know me well enough to know what I will and will not tolerate. Most of all, I enjoy the freedom that comes with being an open person. I call it freedom because, I am not constantlytrying to hide things from people.I'm not looking over my shoulder, hoping that I haven't been caught doing something people didn't think I did. My life and my heart are open books.

No comments:

Post a Comment