Monday, June 14, 2010

Love God

I've really enjoyed the last 2 weeks of my life. I've spent most of it with friends, which always adds some colour to my world. Even more than that, these friends have really made me look at some spiritual truths in a different light. It's really refreshing because alot of truths have been growing mould in my head and heart lately.

This particular truth was in reference to girls and their constant need for affirmation. Girls (and especially those who, like myself, have daddy issues) tend to look for love and acceptance in all the wrong places; including men whose only desire is often to satisfy themselves. I have found that it is in your best interest to look to yourself for this affirmation and not to people because they have their own junk to deal with. "Love yourself", I always say because how do you expect other people to enjoy being around you when you don't even enjoy being around yourself?

While I think that this is sound advice to give to young girls, my friend said something that surpassed it by far; Love God.Loving God means putting all else aside and focusing on Him. Once the focus is trully on Him, nothing else matters; nothing else is important except for being in his presence and pleasing Him.When my friend said this, I thought to myself, "Myself,what this guy is saying is as profound as if I'm hearing it for the first time ever!How refreshing!"

May you learn to love God above all else. May your focus be completely on him and on nothing and no one else. May you know the most complete acceptance, the affirmation that comes from knowing Christ and may you know that once we find this, everything else will just fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment