Friday, July 9, 2010

Say cheese!


Last night I went out with some friends for pizza in celebrating a birthday. As soon as we found our seats, in true Nolo fashion, I pulled out my camera to take some pictures which was accompanied by a chorus of 'oh, no not photos again Nolo!"

I can't help it ok! I must take pictures of the good things in my life, because when days are dark, I need those photos to remind myself of those good things and to remind myself that I will be happy again; it really helps lift my spirits. You see, the thing with difficult times is that you convince yourself that you have nothing good going for you and that you will never get out of that deep dark abyss. When you are at your lowest, truth becomes relative to the negative situation, but a trip down memory lane helps to affirm that your situation is temporary and though weeping may last for the night, joy comes in the morning (Ps 30:5)

So next time you're out with me, and I want to take a photo, just humour me ok? because,somewhere down the road, that picture may put the smile back on my face and help me hold my head high! oh, and happy birthday Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment